It was an awesome sight for the many spectators on our coastline beaches, with 36 competitor’s sailing beyond Q1 and then turning around to finish across the finishing line near the Sand Pumping Jetty, to compete in the 2015 Seabreeze Industries Burleigh Bash.
Congratulation’s again to everyone who received prizes with the special mention for the following:
- 2015 Burleigh Bash perpetual trophy winner / The first boat to round the buoy at Burleigh SLSC: Captain Risky – Tim Philips
- The first boat to cross the finish line: Upstart – Michael Daly
- The most awesome on-water whoopsy award: Painkiller Forte: Steve Hobbs
- The winner of the navigation quiz: Sprit – Alan Richards
- The largest fish caught whilst on course: Toucanoes – Rob Mundle
- The first nominated person in charge of a competing boat to the bar at Main Beach: Elusif – Drew Jones
- Most inspiring skipper: wild Goats – Ross Manning
The Finishing Results may be viewed at http://files.southportyachtclub.com.au/results/2012/kbspring/index.htm and our photos from the day will also be uploaded to our website shortly: https://southportyachtclub.com.au/about/gallery/ . If you have any photos you wish to share, please forward them to our Marketing Manager, Mrs Bronwen Hemmings at Marketing.Manager@southportyachtclub.com.au
We would also like to once again sincerely thank all of you, including your friends, family and crews, our awesome Volunteers and again a huge thank you to our sponsor Mr. Steve Quan from Seabreeze-Industries for his continued support.
We are looking forward to our next SYC Special Event, which is the 24th Annual TELEMACHUS JEWELLERY Ladies Day Race on Saturday the 16th May 2015. See you on the water again soon J
Sailing Operations Manager